BST’s Training in Christian Leadership programs (TCL) are designed to provide a fast track to an accredited master’s degree in leadership training for church and community. The programs are three-tiered, beginning with a six-course Certificate in Community Leadership (CCL) training that builds toward a 20-course BA Equivalency Certificate (BCL), that then builds toward an accredited Master’s Degree (MCL, MDiv, or MTS [Completely online]).
Affordable & Convenient Options
Courses for BST certificates are offered at a reduced tuition price and are scheduled to meet the needs of the working student.
Critical thinking, public speaking, community organizing, organizational development, pastoral or professional formation, and more . . .
Train for Leadership
Cultivating spirituality and justice-oriented initiatives in a church or community setting.
Fast Track To A Master’s Degree
Five semesters (28 months) of BA level training will prepare you for admission into an accredited Master’s degree program.
Choose A Tier that is Right for You
Certificate in Community Leadership
- 6 courses
- Complete in one year
Training in Christian Leadership Certificate
- 14 additional courses
- 1.5 additional years of study
Accredited MCL or MDiv
- 26 additional courses for MDiv
- 16 additional courses for MCL
- 2-3 additional years of study
Example Courses for Certificates
- Preaching/Public Speaking
- Religion & Society
- Philosophy & the Sciences
- Intro to Psychology
- Pastoral Care & Counseling
- Academic/professional Writing
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Social Ethics
- Church & Culture
- Public & Ecclesial Liturgies
- Contemporary Pedagogies
- Leading for Social Justice
- American History
- History of Religion
- Spiritual/personal Formation
Fast and affordable track to an accredited Master’s degree
Schedules geared toward the working student: nights, weekends, and intensives, or daytime cohorts
All course work recognized or accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
Berkeley School of Theology is a Christ-centered school that trains women and men in leadership for church and community in the 21st century.
- Prepared to lead in a multicultural and multiracial world
- Rooted in social justice heritage and tradition
- Equipped for ecumenical and inter-faith partnership
- Informed socially, theologically and biblically
- Skilled in the practice for personal, ecclesial, and social transformation
- Committed to the justice demands of the Gospel
One of the Most Interculturally Diverse Seminaries in the Country
Since our founding 150 years ago, the core values of soul freedom, service leadership, social justice, public witness, religious liberty, and the centrality of the Word (written and spoken) still guide and sustain BST to this day. These Jesus-centered values, rooted in our inclusive inter-cultural heritage, have made BST an attractive school for students of many faith and denominational affiliations.
Here you will truly enter a spiritual “world-house” of teaching and learning, with a world-class faculty and students from every habitable continent on earth.